The 2.16 update is a big update that introduces the following.
- Heart of Darkness
- Massive Sharpened Teeth (Killer Croc's signature gear)
- Arkham Killer Croc Early Access Bundle
- Arkham Knight Batgirl Early Access Bundle
- Yellow Lantern Hal Jordan Early Access Bundle
- A new battle has been added that features all the characters of the 2.16 update at maxed stats of Elite VII and Level 50 to Elite X and Level 60. Therefore, making it the hardest battle after the Arkham Origins Batman Boss Battle.
- Killer Frost/Prime and Martian Manhunter/Blackest Night has been added in the Challenge Booster Pack.
- The text during battle (mini-game damage, passive, knockout and special attacks, etc.) has been enlarged.
- Ra's Al Ghul's Scimitar has been nerfed in which instead of combo enders draining power per hit, it can now only drain power on the last hit of a multi-hit combo ender, dampening it's effectiveness with Green Lantern/Jessica Cruz Rebirth and Deathstroke/Flashpoint.
- The bug where Raven/Rebirth can steal power from Power drain immune characters such as Lobo/Prime and Static/Prime has been fixed. As such, she is no longer able steal power from them even if it's more than hers. Green Lantern/Red Lantern Hal Jordan and Shazam/Prime are still affected by her passive though.
- The target mini-game of Killer Frost/Prime's SP2 has changed back the maximum result from 300% to 200%.
- Deadshot's signature gear, "Ski Mask" has been renamed to "Balaclava". The name of the evolved version of the gear remains unchanged.
- Catwoman/Ame-Comi's power drain effect on combo ender now drains small chunks of power over time as opposed to continuously draining tiny amounts.
- Deadshot/Suicide Squad can no longer share his passive with characters that have specials using target mini-games.
- Specials involving single tap mini-games now can reach 200% if all circles are successfully tapped on.