|Gold||1400/1400||479,000||Challenge Mode, Injustice 2 Aquaman Pack, Injustice 2 Promo Pack, Holiday Booster Pack, Injustice 2 Premium Pack|
|Atlantean Tactics: When Aquaman does any SP he rinses any DOT off him and puts it on his opponent with the effect doubled.|
Injustice 2 Aquaman is not a card to be overlooked; with a very high damage and highest total base stat in the game (tied with Batman/Flashpoint, Superman/Injustice 2, and Batman/Gaslight). He boasts a cunning passive that can reverse the tide against DOT specialists.
When Aquaman uses a special, he removes all damage over time effects on himself and applies it to his opponent with the damage doubled. This is done at the beginning of his special.
Not many teams encountered are built around DOT, so Aquaman's passive might prove situational. Aquaman will effectively return it with the doubling effect of his passive and the multiplier effect of his bleed if he uses his s1.
His tremendously high stats and/or his own DOT with the bleed on his s1 may thus be what he should primarily be geared/partnered in mind with. An s1 build lets him fire off specials more, with bleed damage and 20% increased incoming damage debuff coming at the cost of half the power of the special; whenever you do want to take advantage of his passive, the s1 would be the special of choice.
When inflicting or reversing DOT is not what you care to do, Aquaman's s2 invests his power on the front end.
Besides countering the Ibistick, Aquaman can also effectively use it. It increases his power generation, puts a DOT on the opponent that scales to their health and that the bleed of his s1 multiplies, and increases the power of both of his specials, this boost being well-paired with his s2.
When Injustice 2 Aquaman reverses and doubles a damage over time effect, it will sometimes inherit the original DoT's unique effects. If Catwoman/Arkham Knight's DoTs are reversed, it will also continue to damage Aquaman's opponent even if they are tagged out. On the other hand, when Lobo/Bounty Hunter's burn is reversed, Aquaman's opponent will not be snared.
Previously, if the last hit of Aquaman's special attacks KO's an opponent, the next opponent will received the reversed DOT instead. This cannot be done anymore as the reversal happens at the very beginning of the special attack's usage.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Aquaman. Having a card that "counters" Aquaman does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Hawkgirl/Prime: She is a classic partner to battle against and work with DOT-based characters, as she can trap them in place upon tag in (so they won't be able to tag out, thus DOT's effect will stay on them). Combined with Aquaman/Injustice 2, she also makes an amazingly versatile anti-DOT combination.
- Catwoman/Batman Returns: Catwoman is the anchor to any DOT-based team due to her passive that allows her and all her teammates to deal increased DOT damage.
- Any characters that can potentially deal DOT damage such as Catwoman, Black Adam/Kahndaq, Scorpion, etc: Aquaman's specials reflect all DOT at the opponent with the effect doubled.
- Catwoman/Arkham Knight: Her very strong bleed can be doubled back at her and with the unrinsable property still attached!
- Batman/Arkham Knight: He can choose to have DOT immunity which can counter Aquaman's reflect.
- Killer Frost/Prime: She slows down Aquaman's power which gives him less opportunities to use a special.
- Any Power drain characters (Nightwing, Lex Luthor, Black Adam/Kahndaq, etc): Aquaman cannot reverse DOT damage without using a special, as power drainers can keep the DOT damage on Aquaman without the risk of him returning it.
- Hawkgirl/Regime: She can disable Aquaman's specials upon tag-in.
- Hawkgirl/Prime: She allows for everyone on her team to tag-in and tag-out faster, making it easier to rinse off DOT effects.
- Aquaman/Injustice 2: A possible yet orthodox choice, if Aquaman is facing against himself, this can cause a storm-wide effects of reversed DOT debuffs to rage back and forth.
Here are Aquaman's abilities.
|Trident Toss||First Special||Aquaman launches his Trident. BLEED: Deals DAMAGE-OVER-TIME.||Target|
|The Oceanic Depths||Second Special||Aquaman unleashes a frontal attack using his trident and finishes with a sneaky strike from below.||Rapid Swipe (5% per swipe), Rapid Tap (bar)|
|Atlantean Rage||Super Move||Call forth the mightiest predator of the oceans. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and Gear
Here are Aquaman's support cards and gear.
|Throne of Atlantis||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Poseidon's Trident||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Armies of Atlantis||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Atlantean Polearm (Trident Of Poseidon)||Gear||
8% - 18% Damage boost to Special 2
[Aquaman] 100% AREA EFFECT:opponent's team takes 15% - 25% damage from Special 1
[EVOLVED] 15% - 25% stun chance on Special 2
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- His artifacts are Chest Piece, Pants, Spaulder, Trident, and Bracer.
- Both him and Superman/Injustice 2 are the first ones to be released as a tie-in to the sneak peak trailer for Injustice 2.
- Interestingly enough, in the released trailer and the subsequent first gameplay reveal for Injustice 2, Aquaman does not have a beard, whereas in the mobile game (here) he does sport one; facially, he actually resembles Aquaman/Regime rather than his Injustice 2 console counterpart.
- With his release, Aquaman is the first challenge-only character to have 3 different versions in the game.
- Due to his Challenge's requirements of one Red Son character and one Arkham character, both the Red Son Pack and the Arkham Pack were been brought back to the store.
- His Super Move is the original, and not the one as shown in the preview gameplay for Injustice 2's console version as seen here.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Wonder Woman/Justice League||Highest base Damage||Deadshot/Suicide Squad|