|Gold||1300/1200||400,000||N/A||Dawn of Justice Gold Pack, Dawn of Justice Premium Pack|
|Evasion: Batman has a chance to evade all Special Attacks and Debuffs. After evading, Batman has a 100% chance to stun the opponent.|
Dawn of Justice Batman is a very desirable card; having a deadly passive and the tied-fifth highest base damage, he is a formidable foe to face. With the ability to retaliate against incoming specials with a complete counter-attack and the ability to chain into his own specials with his heavy basic attacks, Batman promises to be unrelenting in unleashing Gotham Justice.
He is a very rare card to obtain in significant qualities without spending inordinate amounts of credits, as copies of the card can only be found per chance in the above Dawn of Justice-related Booster Packs.
Basic attacks Edit
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
Evasion's effect is similar to Riddler's Staff's and Mother Box's BLINK, but works on both Special 1 and 2 (but not Super Moves); when Batman's opponent uses a Special Attack (Evasion has no effect on non-special status effects, such as Green Arrow/Arrow's passive freeze or Bane/Luchador's passive stun; it will also not activate against a special if he is already stunned or frozen), Batman has an estimated 45% chance to vanish, avoiding all effects from the special, before slamming back down, stunning opponents who are not blocking. It can be blocked, and you are given fairly ample time to do so as your special ends. Unlike Cloak of Destiny and Bane/Luchador's 1 damage stuns, Evasion does damage equal to 24% of Batman's damage stat.
Evasion will Always trigger on the first Special Attack that Batman faces. After this, there is the aforementioned chance to occur.
Harley Quinn's special 2 always has a chance of triggering Evasion, regardless of what effect she chooses.
Evasion can trigger even if Batman is in the middle of his basic attack combo, or when he's being knocked back/down.
Evasion's damage effect is melee; if Batman's opponent knocks him back, uses a special attack from range and then blocks, and Evasion triggers, it won't hit them at all. This is particularly useful for specials that are already often done this way, such as Wonder Woman's Shield Toss.
Evasion works like tagging for effects like Bane/Luchador's tag-in stun; if Evasion knocks out an opponent and Luchador Bane tags in, the stun would be negated but the unblockable from the stun would be passed to Bane's next hit instead.
If Batman uses a special right as Evasion triggers, the tap minigame would appear and the special will not be used, but power is still consumed.
Previously, Evasion's counter-attack can be completely negated by tagging out at the moment that Batman is about to slam down. This completely negates all of the damage from the counterattack, as well as the stun, and is easier to perform than using a special at range. This is however changed in 2.13 with the release of The Flash/Wally West Rebirth, as both now snare their opponent until they perform their retaliatory hit.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Batman. Having a card that "counters" Batman does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Superman/Injustice 2, The Flash/Reverse Flash, Wally West/Rebirth: When combined with either of these three, an extremely annoying team revolving around dodging specials can be formed.
- Killer Frost/Prime: Whatever power the opponent does manage to accrue after Killer Frost's passive will be wasted due to Batman's passive.
- Riddler's Staff, Mother Box: These gears help dodge specials so they can help increase the chance that Batman dodges specials.
Good Against Edit
- Aquaman/Prime : When using this character in Online Battle for defense, when Atlantean Hero is used, Batman will simply use his passive and stay out of the game for an indefinite amount of time, making the attacker useless as they cannot do anything, even when he tags out, so eventually he has to quit the game to end it, unless he has 3 bars to use a Super Move that will end the game. (Bug)
- Deathstroke/Arkham Origins: Batman has the ability to avoid Deathstroke's infamous SP1.
- Killer Frost: Batman has the chance to avoid the very powerful effects from Frost's SP1 and also has a reliable source of damage that doesn't rely on his activation of special attacks.
Countered By Edit
- The Flash/Metahuman: The Flash's passive massively increases the speed and damage output of his basic attacks, rendering Batman's passive defenseless against it.
- Arkham Knight: Arkham Knight's infamous powerful basic attacks are an excellent way to deal damage without triggering Evasion.
- Green Arrow/Arrow: Since he relies heavily on his combo ender, and is able to use his specials while Batman is frozen (from his freeze arrow), which will not trigger Evasion. Additionally, if you use his SP1 immediately after the poison or bomb arrows, the knockback makes it ranged, thus Batman will not be able to deal any damage on his counterattack against Green Arrow. This can be difficult to master at first, but it is useful.
- Bane/Luchador: Batman cannot evade while stunned, leaving him open to a huge Cloak of Destiny-boosted SP1's from Bane.
- Batman/Flashpoint: For the same reasons as Metahuman Flash and Arkham Knight, Flashpoint Batman, especially when equipped with crit boost and basic damage increase gear can deal exorbitant damage without using any specials.
|Explosive Batarang||First Special||Batman uses explosive Batarangs to strike his opponent down. CHANCE TO STUN.||Tap|
|Gotham Justice||Second Special||Batman shows his opponent how justice works when the Bat-Signal shines in Gotham.||Rapid Tap, Quick Tap|
|The Dark Knight||Super Move||Batman uses everything at his disposal to decimate his opponent. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Dawn of Justice Batman's Explosive Batarangs are same as Arkham Knight Batman's. With a large number of hits, a fast starting animation, along with facts that his heavy basic combo can be chained into it, making it almost impossible for his opponent to block.
His heavy-combos can be chained into Gotham Justice as well.
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are Batman's support cards and gear.
|Alfred||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||9,000|
|Oracle||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||12,000|
|Batcave||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||15,000|
|Bulletproof Batsuit (Silicon Carbide Batsuit)||Gear||
X% Health Increase
[Batman] X% damage boost to CRIT attacks
[EVOLVED] Disable enemy specials, X% chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
|The Batmobile (Militarized Batmobile)||Gear||
X% MAXIMUM HEALTH Increase
[Batman] X% Super Move Damage Increase
[Evolved] [Batman] AREA EFFECT: Opponent's Team Takes X% Damage From Your Super Move
[Evolved] [Batman] X Seconds Invulnerability After Your Super Move Is Activated
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
|Batman's Hooded Cloak (Batman's Cowl)||Gear||
X% Maximum Health Increase
[Batman] X% Stun Chance on Tag-in
[Evolved] X% DISABLE Enemy Specials on Special 2
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- He was first revealed in a preview on the WB Games forums, which also showcased the other 2 heroes from the movie, Superman/Dawn of Justice and Wonder Woman/Dawn of Justice. During the preview, his base damage is shown as 1400 but in-game he turns out to have 1300 base damage.
- He has the same base stats as Wonder Woman/Justice League (1300, 1200).
- The batarangs he uses are same as the ones in Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice, with notable differences from the default batarang like it is silver on both edges instead of just the top, and has one sharp point on the bottom instead of three.
- There might be a glitch involving his passive: if an opponent uses one of their specials while your Batman is using his basic combo and Batman's passive activates, he will not use the smoke to disappear. Instead, after the opponent finishes using their special, they will just automatically get stunned.
- Dawn of Justice Batman's Explosive Batarang does 7 hits, the most of any special 1, tied with both Batman/Arkham Knight's and Batman/Flashpoint's, along with Static's Taser Trap.
- Additionally, both of the latest versions of Batman don't have the bats flying upwards from the bottom of the screen when checking out their character model.
- The Batmobile seen in his Super Move is the normal Batmobile used by most other Batman characters and not the one seen in his corresponding movie, unlike Batman/Beyond, Batman/Beyond Animated and Batman/Arkham Knight, who all have their own unique Batmobiles. However, interestingly enough, this Batmobile can be seen in the Batcave background.
- Just like all other characters with a Stun chance on tag in, he can KO an opponent when his passive is triggered, but unlike the others, he can knock them out WITHOUT having their health already reduced to 1.