|Gold||750/750||133,000||Available in Store, Gold Booster Pack|
| Lightning Shield: When Black Adam tags in, he gains a shield that will DAMAGE the opponent if Black Adam is hit.
While the aura is active any SP used against him will have 2x damage reflected back at the attacker. Lasts for 3 hits.
Black Adam Regime is one of the weakest Gold cards stats wise; however, he packs a devastating punch against opponents foolish enough to use a special 1 against his Lightning Shield.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
Double damage will only apply against special 1. Only 75% damage will be dealt against special 2s or supers, despite what the description says. Using specials against his shield will leave you with at least 1 health, while using basic attacks or a super on it can knock you out. Even if the hit knocks out Black Adam, if his shield was active, reflect damage will be dealt.
Due to the devastating effect of his passive, Black Adam can effectively be played as a kamikaze card. If players can tag him in when the opponents have power to burn and prod them use their special attacks, though Black Adam takes substantial damage, its just as bad, if not worst, for his opponents.
Regime Black Adam gained popularity after his passive was massively buffed. While he has the lowest combined base stats out of any gold card, tied with The Flash/Elseworld (not counting Doomsday/Containment since his passive grants a large amount of invisible stats), he is also readily available as he is the cheapest gold card to buy directly, again tied with Elseworld Flash, but with a much more practical passive, and does not require completion of a challenge to unlock. Also, the damage dealing mechanic of his passive means he can deal significant damage without requiring expensive upgrades to be effective.
His unorthodox damage source also makes him a good candidate for no blocking/specials Bonus Missions.
Red "boss" cards may use special 2s with 1 bar of power (e.g. Superman/Prison in Bonus Battle 6 can use Unstoppable, Freeze Breath or Heat Vision with just 1 bar), but Black Adam's passive will count them as special 1s.
Invulnerability effects, such as Green Lantern/John Stewart's passive, as well as the invulnerability offered during his own special attack's animation, will take precedence over his passive. The invulnerable character will still flinch if striking the shield with basic attacks, but will take no damage regardless of what they hit the shield with.
Block gear is inefficient on him, since he needs to take damage to deal damage back. Health gear is a good alternative option, but don't take them unless you can use the other effects well. Depending on whether you want to use his s1 or s2, Bane's Venom Injection System or Superman/Cyborg/Martian Manhunter's health and heal on special gears goes well with him. His s2 damage is halved, meaning it only does 75% damage of his s1 per power bar, but can drain a lot of enemy power. The way it is spaced out of particularly useful; he can knock out an opponent who has very little health left with the first hit, while the rest hits and drains the next opponent before they have the chance to use a special on you.
If available, the full Fourth World Set is a good idea, as its resurrection allows him to survive one knock out blow and still return damage from his passive.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Black Adam. Having a card that "counters" Black Adam does not mean it is always a good choice.
Good With Edit
- Hawkgirl/Prime: Her passive lets Black Adam tag in more often, thereby replenishing his Lightning Shield more frequently.
- Batgirl/Cassandra Cain: Her one-hit unblockable high damage passive means she risks taking considerable damage in return, although she would only take 75% damage instead of 200%. This is especially devastating for a "support" Cassandra (leaving her at low stats to take advantage of her non-scaling capabilities) as the reflected damage takes a few moments to register and it is easy to not realize she is already at 1 HP, and accidentally knock herself out with a basic attack.
- Batman/Red Son: Unblockable special 1 means little to Black Adam as it would only mean huge damage reflected back to the aggressor, made worse by the fact that most Red Sons (Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Solomon Grundy) have 1-hit special 1s.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: As he mostly relies on continuous use of his sp1, Black Adam can inflict back twice the damage from him, plus, as Sinestro's effect keeps tagging out opponents, Black Adam can recharge his shield to keep on dealing back damage to Sinestro.
- The Arkham Knight, Batman/Flashpoint, Rebirth Jessica Cruz: Any character with a powerful basic combo will still be interrupted by his Lightning Shield after every hit, which makes it difficult for them to knock him out in one combo like they could with many others.
- Bane/Luchador and The Flash/Earth 2: Even if they successfully stunned him, they would suffer a bigger consequence in using enhanced special attacks while his shield is up.
- The Joker/The Killing Joke: If Black Adam can knock out The Joker and still have his Lightning Shield active, the opponents that tag in and fire off a special or their super move risk receiving substantial damage or even knocking themselves out (if they used their super move on Black Adam's Lightning Shield).
- Raven/Prime: Black Adam's Lightning Shield can backfire on him as Raven can receive more damage from her own reflected specials, inevitably triggering her health swap.
- Any character who utilizes a multi-hit (more than three) special, especially one that deal DOT, since most of the damage will come from DOT rather than the hits itself, make the reflected damage negligible.
- Enchantress Companion Card EVOLVED: If your character's special knocked out an opponent, and then your opponent's Black Adam tagged in, the three skulls from Enchantress Companion Card will immediately hit Black Adam. Its negligible damage (compared to a special) accompanied by its lifedrain effectively negates his passive, allowing you to immediately use a special on him without having to use three basic attack hits to break his passive first.
Here are Black Adam's abilities.
|Electric Burst||First Special||Black Adam unleashes a burst of raw electricity to shock his opponent.||Rapid tap|
|Black Magic||Second Special||Ancient magics are unleashed by Black Adam, striking his foe. DRAINS OPPONENT'S POWER.||Rapid Swipe|
|Teth-Adam||Super Move||Black Adam calls upon his ancient power to deliver a lightning-infused beatdown. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are Black Adam's support cards and gear.
|Isis||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||6,000|
|Shazam||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||8,000|
|Kahndaq||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||10,000|
|Kahndaq Garb (Kahndaq Royal Garb)||Gear||
X% HEALTH increase
[Black Adam] X% LIFE DRAIN chance on Special 1
[EVOLVED] X% CRIT chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- RED/BOSS version of him from Bonus Battle 6 in Standard Battle has a special that resembles the "Lightning Bomb" from the console game; furthermore, only him, along with Doomsday/Regime and Sinestro/Regime have an additional Special Attack that's in the console game.
- Even if he doesn't attack during a match, if he manages to reflect back damage from an attacker, it will register as his damage dealt in the end results of the match. The same can be said for his Black Adam/Prime counterpart.
- Just like his Silver counterpart, Black Adam/Prime, he can also knock out an opponent if their health is low enough and ONLY IF they attack him with basic attacks or a Super Move.