|Gold||750/950||165,000||Challenge Mode, Challenge Booster Pack, Apokolips Darkseid Challenge Pack, Red Lantern Challenge Pack, Rebirth Jessica Cruz Challenge Pack|
|Emergency Barrier: When Green Lantern or a teammate reaches 20% Health, a barrier appears making that character invulnerable for 4 seconds. This can occur once per character, per match.|
His passive grants Invulnerability, a very rare form of status effect only shared by the Militarized Batmobile, Astro-Harness, and Superman/Injustice 2's passive, which negates most damage (basic attacks, special attacks AND even Supermove) and status effects on the affected character, including flinching, allowing you to get unblocked specials much easier. On the other hand, if a character on the team that was using John Stewart's passive, and an opponent that can deal Area Effect (either as according to their passive and by using other gears), that character won't take any damage, but their teammates will take the Area Effect damage as normal.
However, his poor base stats and the short lived nature of his passive (as well as the fact that it could be bypassed entirely by high hits) makes him rather unpopular.
Red Lantern Hal Jordan's release caused him to briefly resurface, as Emergency Barrier used to be able to shield Hal from his self-damage and allows him to use at least one more special or super. However, this was soon removed and now his passive does not affect Hal's self-damage.
If the first hit (the stun) of Batgirl's Art of Deception triggers his invulnerability, the character will continue to be stunned even when invulnerable.
It can trigger for Aquaman/Prime and each Atlantean Hero he summons.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Green Lantern. Having a card that "counters" Green Lantern does not mean it is always a good choice.
Good With Edit
- Solomon Grundy/Regime, Solomon Grundy/Prime & Doomsday/Containment: When their health first fall between 1% and 20% remaining (either before or after resurrection), John Stewart's passive will render them temporarily invulnerable and this can act as a second chance/life saver for them.
- Superman/Prime & Superman/Regime: He can protect them from being hit during their passive, allowing them to make use of it without being interrupted.
Good Against: Edit
- Deathstroke/Arkham Origins: Although punishing, both of his specials are multi-hit, allowing Green Lantern to relatively easily negate large amounts of damage.
- Raven/Teen Titans: Should his shield be up while her passive activates, she will still receive health and power, but he will lose no health.
Countered By Edit
- Ares/Prime, Bane/Luchador & Doomsday/Prime: Their one-hit SP2 and SP1s, respectively, can avoid triggering Green Lantern's passive.
Here are Green Lantern's abilities.
|Turbine Smash||First Special||Green Lantern materializes a jet turbine engine, then slams it into his target.||Rapid tap|
|Parallel Nature||Second Special||Green Lantern uses the power of his ring to unleash a melee ballistic combo.||Rapid Swipe, Target|
|Beware My Power||Super Move||Green Lantern unleashes a beatdown through the power of his ring. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are Green Lantern's support cards and gear.
|Guardians||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Lantern Corps||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Power Battery||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Green Power Ring (Supercharged Green Power Ring)||Gear||
BLOCKING stops X% MORE DAMAGE
[Green Lantern] X% CHANCE to REFLECT Special 2 while blocking
[EVOLVED] DISABLE enemy specials, X% CHANCE on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.