|Gold||850/1,150||220,000||Challenge, Red Son Pack|
|Red Son Energy Armor: Red Son characters on Green Lantern's team take 20% LESS Special Damage, and are IMMUNE to STUN and CRIT.|
Red Son Green Lantern is the final and latest asset to the Red Sons. Serving as a guardian, he provides a powerful all-rounded team-wide defensive effect that makes Red Sons far more tedious to take down.
He can be unlocked through Challenge Mode. Otherwise, he can be obtained randomly from the Red Son Pack, but not in the Challenge Booster Pack. However, obtaining him from a pack will not unlock him for direct Promotions.
While always popular, Red Son Green Lantern became even more useful with the 2.6 update, which added crit augments which allows any character to crit on any attack with a significant crit damage boost, as well as another source of tag-in stun (LexCorp Gauntlets V2). Also noted, despite doesn't take any CRIT damage, but gears that add DOT on specials (LexCorp Chest Armour V2), along with some characters that can deal DOT in their specials, he can actually recieve such crit damage! So far, only Killer Frost (both) and Scorpion/Mortal Kombat X are confirmed able to deal crit to Green Lantern this way.
Additionally, as such, any characters equipped with the full LexCorp Set that has at least some crit chance augmented (without the set's crit effect), can actually able to deal crit damage to him! And this is due to the Set's effect of applying DOT to the opponent, and if the equipped character has crit chance augment on, that means that there's a chance to deal crit DOT chance to the opponent this way!
Additionally, another good strategy for a good defense team with him is to equip 2/3 of the LexCorp Set (with at least the LexCorp Helmet Armor V2, to block damages), and the Killer Croc Companion Card EVOLVED and/or, if preferred, to reflect back the damage at opponent, use the Scarecrow's Ventilator Mask for that purpose!
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Green Lantern. Having a card that "counters" Green Lantern does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Any Red Son teammates: Obviously, but could be coupled with Solomon Grundy/Red Son for some truly hair-pullingly tenacious teams. This is particularly effective because their different defensive mechanics stack multiplicatively instead of additively, giving their team effectively a 81.25% boost to maximum health against specials (although it is impossible to calculate their effectiveness against basic attacks due to variance of crits). For the third teammate, consider Batman/Red Son for defence, Wonder Woman/Red Son for offense, and Superman/Red Son for a more aggressive basic attack heavy offence option, although any of them are decent in either situation. Red Son Batman's unblockable chance on SP1 is a hassle for offense teams to deal with, Red Son Wonder Woman allows you to gain power very quickly, while Red Son Superman has the easiest to use basic attack combos, unblockable SP2 after heavy combo, the highest base damage and second highest base health after Green Lantern himself. and you will regenerate a lot of effective health from any heal gear.
- Deathstroke/Arkham Origins: Released shortly after Arkham Origins Deathstroke, Red Son Green Lantern's passive reduces special damage taken by 20% and grants immunity to crits to all Red Son teammates, severely dampening Deathstroke's damage output.
- Bane/Luchador, Cloak of Destiny: Both of their damage outputs are massively decreased without access to a stun or crit.
- Hawkgirl/Regime: Green Lantern can negate the otherwise very powerful crit from her SP2.
- As stated, characters that can deal normal Stun such as Cyborg and Batman.
- Black Adam/Regime: His passive allows him to reflect tremendous amounts of damage back to Red Son Green Lantern's team, unaffected by his passive.
- Raven/Prime: Her passive also ignores his defenses, and additionally Red Son teams lack a 1-hit SP2 to take her down without triggering it.
- Scorpion/Mortal Kombat X: He cannot prevent his Damage over Time Criticals.
Here are Green Lantern's abilities.
|Turbine Smash||First Special||Green Lantern materializes a jet turbine engine, then slams it into his target.||Rapid tap|
|Guardian||Second Special||Green Lantern knocks around his opponent as if they were a toy.||Swipe (x2)|
|Beware My Power||Super Move||Green Lantern unleashes a beatdown through the power of his ring. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are Green Lantern's support cards and gear.
|Guardians||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Lantern Corps||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Power Battery||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Green Power Ring (Supercharged Green Power Ring)||Gear||
BLOCKING stops X% MORE DAMAGE
[Green Lantern] X% CHANCE to REFLECT Special 2 while blocking
[EVOLVED] DISABLE enemy specials, X% CHANCE on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- His artifacts are: Pilot Helmet, Brick Wall, Pilot Gloves, Gatling Gun and Boots.
- His passive will physically manifest as green armour on all affected teammates, including himself. This makes him the second character to visually alter other characters through their passive, after Darkseid/Prime.
- At release, players were banned upon obtaining him as Netherrealm neglected to remove him from their "unreleased characters" list.
- With this character, the most damage from a Special Attack that the player can reduces is up to 90%. This can only be done if the player equip the Killer Croc Companion Card EVOLVED gear onto him (reduces 30% of a Special's damage), along with the LexCorp Helmet Armor V2 (reduces up to 40% of a Special's damage if blocked), for a total of 90%.