Ra's Al Ghul's Dagger is a piece of Epic (4-star) gear that can be evolved into a Legendary (5-star) gear, Ra's Al Ghul's Scimitar.
- 30% - 50% DAMAGE BOOST to basic attacks
- Power Drain 1% - 11% on Combo Ender
- [EVOLVED] 1 Bar of Starting Power (Max 2 bars)
StrategyEdit"Combo Ender" is defined as the hit(s) that are performed by a directional swipe often offered after the 3-tap light basic attack combo. Certain characters are encouraged to use their light basic combo due to their passives, and this gear can be placed effectively on those characters (namely Green Arrow/Arrow and Darkseid/Apokolips, Martian Manhunter/Prime actually being an exception, as one of his effects does not count as a hit at all, and the other two hits/effects not utilizing the damage boost very well). Also, every hit of the combo ender will apply the drain, meaning any character that has a 2-hit combo ender can drain twice as much power. Characters who can do this include Batgirl/Cassandra Cain, Hawkgirl/Prime, Hawkgirl/Blackest Night, Raven/Prime, Raven/Regime, Killer Frost/Prime, Martian Manhunter/Blackest Night, Green Lantern/Red Lantern Hal Jordan, as well as all versions of Deathstroke and Nightwing. Characters who have 3-hit combo enders are even stronger for this purpose, but there are only six such characters: Batman/Flashpoint, The Arkham Knight, Harley Quinn/Arkham Knight, Deadshot, The Flash/Metahuman, and Wonder Woman/Dawn of Justice.
Additionally, in Online Battle defense, there are a few characters who will utilize their combo ender (while most would not), such as Darkseid, Wonder Woman/600, Harley Quinn/Animated, Solomon Grundy/Boss, Sinestro/Green Lantern, Doomsday/Containment, along with Arrow Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter as mentioned above.
"Max 2 bars" means it is not possible to start out a match with more than 2 bars. This only affects Batman/Arkham Origins, who normally starts with 2 bars due to his passive, and thus will not benefit from the scimitar's effect. This does not mean you could evolve it to provide more than 1 bar of starting power. However, Batman/Arkham Knight's passive allows him to immediately gain 2 bars of power upon starting a match, and is unaffected by this cap, thus,he can actually start the battle with 3 bars of power instead!
Ra's Al Ghul's Scimitar cannot power drain characters with immunity-to-power drain passives (such as Lobo/Prime, Static, and Batman/Arkham Knight with the proper boost), or gears that with allow a characters equipped being invulnerable, such as the LexCorp Set, despite that the animation still plays.
Ra's Al Ghul's Scimitar is one of the less efficient gear to fully max out; 1 bar of starting power is granted upon evolving it and cannot be further increased, and generally the 6% power drain is sufficient as long as you can basic attack freely, especially if you are using 2+ hit combo ender characters.
- Sometimes, there might be a glitch where the power drain effect will repeatedly display on the opponent, although their power is not actually drained, and it will keep going on until either the match ends or when the opponent's character is knocked out.
- The animation of the power drain appears to be a recoloured version of Martian Manhunter/Prime's power drain effect.
- The name of the person on this gear, Ra's Al Ghul, is one of Batman's most formidable enemies. An immortal ruler using the Lazarus Pit to keep on ressurecting himself (also the gear Lazarus Formula comes from this), he's also the leader of the League of Assassins (hence the new gear set League of Assassins Set) and grandfather to Damian Wayne (Nightwing/Regime and/or known as Bruce Wayne's son).