|Gold||1,375/1,425||N/A||Achieving Top 5% In Online Battle Seasons|
|Nekron's Champion: Superman's Special Attacks do necrotic damage to the opponent causing wounds that can't heal. Blackest Night characters are immune to unblockables and gain health for every KO'd opponent.|
While not the most impressive offensively, he provides team-wide fortification in a similar but different way from Green Lantern/Red Son. Players using him can be very resistant to bursts of damage if they are patient and careful.
All Blackest Night characters on Superman's team have blocks that cannot be broken. This is very useful when facing characters such as Batman/Blackest Night, Killer Frost/Prime, Bane/Luchador or Deathstroke/Arkham Origins, all of which are quite common and rely significantly on unblockables.
The Flash/Earth 2's stun on tag in is not affected. It will stun even with this passive regardless of block.
Superman and other Blackest Night characters do not have to be the ones knocking out the opponent for the healing to occur though only Blackest Night teammates can benefit from it, healing by 10% of their maximum health for every knocked out opponent (including Aquaman/Prime's Atlantean Hero, and The Joker/Unhinged Suicide Squad's controlled character).
This can take effect even after Blackest Night Superman has been knocked out.
When Blackest Night Superman deals damage with a special attack, he additionally inflicts about 25% of the damage dealt as necrotic damage, represented by a purple bar growing from the full end of the health bar; no healing effect can heal up into the purple portion, essentially reducing their maximum health pool (this does not actually reduce their maximum health, effects like heal % max health on s1 will not be reduced unless it hits the cap). It will last until the same character is knocked-out. It is NOT removed away upon tag-out. Invulnerability and other special-negating effects such as Superman/Injustice 2's passive or Riddler's Staff's Blink will prevent necrotic damage from applying as well.
It is possible for the entire health bar to turn purple if the opponent has resurrection effects, especially Doomsday/Containment's passive (i.e. the total damage taken is equal or more than 4x of his max health). They would still be revived, and 1 damage is needed to finish them off.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Superman. Having a card that "counters" Superman does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Any Blackest Night characters.
- Killer Frost/Regime: Her high healing suppression can cripple healers, making this a great anti-healing team.
- Batman/Flashpoint: Same as above, but better due to the healing being completely disabled.
- Deathstroke/Arkham Origins, Batgirl/Cassandra Cain, Bane/Luchador, Batman/Red Son, Batman/Blackest Night, Ares/Prime, Harley Quinn/Arkham: Superman's passive negates the unblockable effects of each of these characters.
- Harley Quinn: As the maximum health decreases by Superman's necrotic damage, her healing is less effective as well.
- Batman/Flashpoint: Batman's high base damage and crit chance allow for easy knockouts without the use of specials.
Here are Blackest Night Superman's abilities
|Flying Punch||First Special||Superman throws out one of his most classic moves to utterly crush his opponents. DRAINS OPPONENT'S POWER.||Quick Tap|
|Creature of Death||Second Special||Using his Necrotic Energy, Superman's darkness overwhelms his victim.||Quick Tap, Rapid Tap|
|Kryptonian Smash||Super Move||Bang! Zoom! Superman's unrivaled might is revealed as he devastates his opponent. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
- His Combo ender is visually similar to Superman/Prison's Special 2, Unstoppable.
- He is the only Superman character to have a power drain effect, and the only one to have any Status Effect inherent to his Flying Punch.
- He succeeds Green Lantern/Jessica Cruz Rebirth as the second gold character to have base stats that are not divisible by 50 and are also not divisible by 10.
- During Creature of Death Blackest Night Superman smashes the ground causing a fissure to erupt and many blue skulls strongly resembling those from Enchantress Companion Card EVOLVED appears.