|Gold||1,000/1,100||241,000||Red Son Pack, Gold Booster Pack|
|Red Son Strength: Superman and his team gain a 25% DAMAGE BOOST to Basic attacks for each Red Son character on his team.|
Red Son Superman is one of the staple characters in the game. His passive boosts basic attacks by 25%, to a maximum of 75% with two other Red Son characters. He is one of the classic Red Sons, available randomly from Red Son Pack (which also gives you the possibility of getting Wonder Woman/Red Son, Green Lantern/Red Son, Deathstroke/Red Son, Batman Red Son and Solomon Grundy/Red Son with the possibility of getting any three.) to form a sturdy and reliable, albeit not very flashy, team.
He can be randomly obtained in Gold Booster Pack as well, but is very rare.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
It is strongly recommended using two other Red Sons in addition with Superman for maximum effectiveness; however, his passive is not very noticeable at the later stages of the game, as it is additive and would be overshadowed by gear's boosts. On the other hand, he has the highest combined stats out of all Red Son characters as well as the ability to make both of his special unblockable. His heavy combo is also smooth and easy to chain.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Superman. Having a card that "counters" Superman does not mean it is always a good choice.
Good With Edit
- Other Red Son characters. Especially Green Lantern/Red Son and Wonder Woman/Red Son.
- The Arkham Knight: A damage boost to his basic combo can quickly decimate teams.
- Batman/Prime: Their passives combined can result in a large damage boost.
Good against Edit
Countered by Edit
Here are Superman's abilities.
|Flying Punch||First Special||Superman throws out one of his most classic moves to utterly crush his opponent.||Quick tap|
|Man of Steel||Second Special||Superman unleashes a powerful attack which masterfully combines his heat vision, incredible strength, and lightning speed.||Rapid Swipe, Quick Tap|
|Kryptonian Smash||Super Move||Bang! Zoom! Superman's might is unrivaled as he devastates his opponent. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are Superman's support cards and gear.
|Lois Lane||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||9,000|
|Son of Krypton||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||12,000|
|Fortress of Solitude||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||15,000|
|Kryptonian Suit (Kryptonian Battle Suit)||Gear||
22% Health Increase
[Superman] 25% chance to reflect Special 2 when blocking
[EVOLVED] Heal for 25% on Special 2
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
|Glasses (Clark Kent's Glasses )||Gear||
||25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
|Elite X LV 60||55,283||123,552|
- Like Doomsday/Prime, when the player controls him, his light combo follows that of Superman/Prime, but when facing him, his combo follows Superman/Regime.
- Red Son Superman is often mistaken to have the "Red Sun" title due to unfamiliarity to the comic as well as Superman's well-known association with the red sun Krypton orbited.
- The name of his special 2, "Man of Steel" is likely a reference to the well-known communist dictator (which the Red Son Superman also is to a degree) Joseph Stalin, whose name when translated to English means "man of steel". Additionally, Red Son Superman's name is actually Clark Stalin, since he was "adopted" by Joseph Stalin.
- Man of Steel used to have a distinction of being possibly the only special with more than 2 hits that never miss hits due to knock outs. Previously, it is possible for the first hit to knock out a character, the second hit to knock out a second character and the third hit will hit the third character. After an update, the second hit would now miss if the first hit knocks out a character, but the third hit would still land even if the second hit knocks out. Harley Quinn/Animated's Hammer Slam has a similar situation, although it deals 4 hits and the last 2 hits are too close together to hit two opponents. Another example of this can be found in Doomsday/Blackest Night's Special 2, which can possibly kill all three enemy characters and still have the fourth hit left over.
- If you activate Red Son Superman's SP2 and don't do the first rapid swipe, it will simply end after the first hit.