|Rarity||Base Stats||Price||Obtained From|
|Gold||1000/1000||N/A||Achieving Top 3% In Online Battle Seasons, TV Pack|
|Cellular Regeneration: While active, the Reverse Flash has a chance to immediately regenerate HEALTH and CLEANSE negative effects after taking damage from a Special Attack. May occur 3 times per match.|
He can be obtained from the TV Pack, but this doesn't directly unlock him for promotions.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
Note that Reverse Flash, like all Flash characters, hits twice for one heavy attack swipe, which gives him two chances to break block on basic attacks (such as from his personal gear or the Soultaker Sword).
For reasons unknown, at the transition point from area effect damage to single target damage, there is a single hit in white instead of yellow.
The second, single-target part cannot knock out opponents, except for the last hit.
Up to 3 times per match, after taking a special attack, Reverse Flash has a chance to recover all damage and remove any Status effect the special inflicts (the first of the three chances is always used on the first special that Reverse Flash is damaged by, so you can plan your attack strategy using this information). His passive can activate if a special attack is meant to deal a knock out blow, preventing him from being knocked out and then restoring all lost health. However, while he is prevented from being knocked out and the special attack does no damage, it would continue to heal his opponent if they have life drain effects.
It appears that Cellular Regeneration restores his health as long as he is tagged in during the last hit of the special, for the full damage of the special regardless of whether he is actually hit or not. For example, if Batman/Arkham Origins's Winged Avenger knocks out a character with its first hit and Reverse Flash tags in, the second and third hit would miss but his passive would restore health according to the damage of the whole special anyway, resulting in a net heal.
It is possible for his passive to over-heal from this, which will cause a second health bar to appear next to the normal bar (this may stretch over the edge of the screen), and it must be depleted before the normal bar can be damaged. It's also possible for Raven/Prime's passive to steal this over-maximum health, and it would work the same way for her.
Effects That Cannot Be RemovedEdit
- Power drain (he used to be able to recover power, even if he did not have power in the first place, but this was changed in 2.16 and power drain, even on specials, would be unaffected even when his passive is triggered now)
- Super Move
- It will remove the burn from Lobo/Bounty Hunter's passive, but has no effect on the snare
- Bleeding and Poison effects will have their damage removed, but the invisible debuff (takes +20% damage for bleeding, deals -20% damage for poison) will persist for the full duration
- Killer Frost's slowing effect
- Ares' block disable
- Mid-special status effects, such as Batgirl's stun in SP1
- Area Effect damage
- Gear disabling effects
Adding power generation gear to him allows you to constantly spam his SP2 to deal heavy damage to the enemy's team. The Ibistick and Tantu Totem further amplifies his area special damage potential. The Fourth World Set can also work well for him, as the resurrection effect allows him to take advantage of a special that would have knocked him out. It has a variety of stats that work reasonably well with him, especially the Fourth World Godly Mace for its three SP2 effects.
With fast basic attacks that have a chance to be unblockable with The Flash's signature gear (Hyperspeed Plated Suit) and the Soultaker Sword, a third basic damage/crit chance gear can be used to round up the set. Raven's Demonic Cloak for power generation and SP2 crit, as well as Superman's Kryptonian Battle Suit (or Cyborg's or Martian Manhunter's gear, which is functionally identical for other characters - max health increase and heal on SP2) will work fine for a more SP2 oriented build, and The Ibistick will fit quite well here too.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against The Flash. Having a card that "counters" The Flash does not mean it is always a good choice.
- The Flash/Regime: The Flash/Regime can work with almost any Flash card, due to the natural perk of having incredible speed, The Flash/Regime can amplify it by 15% making a devasting team combination despite being a silver character.
- Characters that can inflict Status effects on him.
- Any characters that have particularly powerful specials, including Bane/Luchador or Batgirl (with Cloak of Destiny).
- Deathstroke/Arkham Origins: Reverse Flash's passive allows him to regenerate all damage taken from Deathstroke's fatal SP1.
- Batman/Arkham Origins, Batman/Arkham Knight: Batman's infamous 2 bars of starting power is easily tanked by Reverse Flash's passive.
- Green Lantern/Red Lantern Hal Jordan: Reverse Flash can soak up three of Hal's specials, which would leave Hal at a dangerously low health.
- Boss Ares encountered at the last level of Breakthrough: This is because when Ares Rages, if Reverse Flash still has about one more usage of his passive left, it may trigger if he fails to defend against the Instant KO. This gives him a second chance at life.
- Killer Frost/Regime: Her healing suppression does NOT affect Reverse Flash's healing when his passive activates.
- Killer Frost: As mentioned above, her ice specials will slow down Reverse Flash, even if he uses his passive. Despite this, he will still regain lost health from the damage he received unaffected by healing reduction.
- Darkseid/Apokolips: His bleeding and curse effect does not affect his passive, making his basic attacks crit while Reverse Flash is bleeding, unless he tags out.
- Martian Manhunter/Prime: His Power Drain, Mental Damage, and his Stun cannot be removed by Reverse Flash's passive.
- Batgirl/Cassandra Cain: Upon tag in, she makes her opponent lose 25% of their current health, thus she can deal a tremendous amount of damage to her opponent without having to rely on using her special(s) much.
- The Flash/Metahuman, The Arkham Knight: Their extremely punishing basic attacks will not trigger Reverse Flash's passive, allowing them to do a tremendous amount of damage without activating his passive.
- Batman/Flashpoint: His passive negates all healing, including Reverse Flash's, upon special use. He can also deal heavy damage to Reverse Flash with his "Destructive Blows" from basic attacks, avoiding the need to use specials anyway.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: If Reverse Flash isn't the last opponent, Sinestro can force him to tag out, cancelling his cleansing abilities.
- Martian Manhunter/Blackest Night: His passive can adapt to be used against Reverse Flash. His increased power generation will allow him to use more special attacks, which can quickly take up the chances of his Cellular Regeneration, leaving him without his passive early in the match. His team life drain can heal his teammates from the Area Effect damage dealt by Eobard's SP2 and his Defense buff can protect him from special attacks, particularly his SP2, which will reduce the Area Effect damage taken by his tagged out teammates.
Here are Reverse Flash's abilities.
|Lightning Kick||First Special||The Reverse Flash has fun dealing out a series of ultra-quick kicks, temporarily increasing his attack speed (by 15%).||Rapid Swipe|
|Out of Time||Second Special||Facing multiple opponents is nothing new to Eobard Thawne. DOES TEAM DAMAGE.||Rapid Tap|
|Speed Zone||Super Move||The Reverse Flash delivers super-speed punches on his opponent. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are The Flash's support cards and gear.
|Altered Perception||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Lightning Quick||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Speed Force||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Hyperspeed Suit (Hyperspeed Plated Suit)||Gear||
8% - 18% POWER GENERATION increase
[The Flash] 15% - 25% UNBLOCKABLE chance on basic attacks
[EVOLVED] 20% - 30% CRIT chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- His real name is Eobard Thawne. He is based on Tom Cavanagh's portrayal of the Reverse Flash in The Flash (2014 TV series). His special 2 is named after the season 1 episode "Out of Time". His movements are also constantly followed by red and black lightning, mimicking the show's effects.
- Reverse Flash is the third character to have a different "main" name, after Man of Steel General Zod and Animated Batman Beyond.
- It used to be possible for him to revive himself with his own passive even after "Victory" appeared on the screen. You will need to knock him out again to finish the match; however, you cannot use specials or supers, as you can only use basic attacks after "Victory" shows up. This has been fixed in a previous update, now if his passive were to activate, players can tell if a special attack did not knock him out like it's supposed to.
- He is the first Online Battle season reward character to be obtainable via a booster pack.
- He has the lowest total base stats out of all characters introduced in the 2.6 update.
- He used to be obtainable from the Most Wanted Pack until he was removed from it in the 2.15 update.
- By winning a match with Out of Time, Reverse Flash can be seen turning into just a translucent torso once he is out of the normal frame.
- It is possible that if he uses Out of Time when the enemy is defeated (and if the enemy is beyond the normal range for attacks), he will teleport the enemy's body towards him to unleash kicks, though it will otherwise not affect the body.
- In the 2.12 update, his passive can now be "shown" by the 3 Speed boosts that represent how many times he can use his passive! This way, it's easier for players to know a way to counter him.
- His passive can trigger against Boss Ares' rage in Breakthrough Event despite it being an instant KO. Ares also gets to immediately use his rage again as a result.