- 10% - 30% DAMAGE BOOST to special 1
- 10% - 30% DAMAGE BOOST to special 2
- 10% - 20% POWER GENERATION increase
- [EVOLVED] 5% - 10% DOT added on special
The burning is based on your opponent's maximum health, regardless of tapping/swiping, blocking, or anything else. When evolved using a Special (not Super Move) will additionally burn 1% ~ 2% of enemy maximum health every second for 5 seconds.
It is not affected by Catwoman/Batman Returns, or any other damage boost other than bleed (+20% per stack of bleed). Crit buffs from Batman/Beyond Animated and Scorpion/Mortal Kombat X's passives can cause it to crit. The DOT will trigger Catwoman/Prime and Catwoman/Regime's passives.
Some characters with special 1s that has hits at the same time or very close to each other can apply DOT multiple times at once. For example, while both Batgirl/Cassandra Cain and Batgirl/Arkham Knight have a 4-hit special 1, the DOT is applied 3 times (as there is a long delay between the 1st hit and 2nd, while hits 2-4 are almost simultaneous). Other character exhibiting this quality include all versions of Batman with 2-hit Explosive Batarangs (Batman/Blackest Night, Batman/Arkham Origins, Batman/Prime, Batman/Insurgency, Batman/Beyond, Batman/Red Son), all of which apply DOT twice. However, other characters with special 1s with very close hits, such as Darkseid/Prime or Deathstroke/Arkham Origins, do not exhibit this quality.
Static/Prime's special 2 applies the DOT 4 times at the end.
Catwoman/Ame-Comi applies DOT twice on her special 2, on both the first hit and the third (last) hit, and Doomsday/Blackest Night applies it on the third and fourth hits (last 2) of his special 2, despite there being a large delay between them.
For most other cases DOT is strictly applied by the last hit. If the last hit misses or is not performed (for example, not tapping during Batman/Arkham Origins's SP2 causes only 1 hit to be performed instead of the normal 3, and being blocked causes Darkseid/Prime's SP2's third hit to not be performed), it is not applied. An exception is The Joker/Suicide Squad and The Joker/Unhinged Suicide Squad's special 1 - if it gets the power gain effect, there will be no second hit, but the DOT would be applied on the first hit instead, which also gives you an advance notice that Joker will receive that effect.
Harley Quinn's special 2 would only apply DOT if she chooses the bomb, and not if she chooses the flower (healing) or picture (damage boost). For the case of Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad, the power gain, as well as the enhanced picture (which brings The Joker/Suicide Squad or The Joker/Unhinged Suicide Squad in for an attack), will not apply DOT (no matter whether Harley or Joker has DOT gear), despite that the latter deals damage. Aquaman/Prime's Atlantean Hero will not apply DOT on use.
The Ibistick is an unorthodox piece of gear that supports multiple playstyles, unlike, for example The Batmobile that has a very narrow purpose.
The Ibistick grants a very powerful special damage boost; +30% to both specials when most 3/4-star gear grants only +18% to special 1 or 2. On the other hand, the burn damage over time is useful in that it grants any support character a means to deal damage based on enemy strength rather than their (lacking) own. As this is affected by bleed, this is especially noticeable on Aquaman or Catwoman, allowing them to shred a much stronger opponent surprisingly quickly.
- The Ibistick's description is worded as "damage DOT added on special", despite that "DOT" already stands for "damage over time".
- Both this and the League of Assassins Adept Knives provide the most power generations in all of the gears.
- During the season reward repeats from June 15th to June 22nd of 2016, it showed the unevolved name of it on the page as "Egyptian Artifact", but upon collecting it at the end of the season, the name was back to normal as it is now.
- Previously, the burn was applied to the opponent present at the end of the special, even if they haven't actually been hit by the special. This means you could knock out an opponent with the last hit and still burn the next opponent that tags in.