- 10% - 30% DAMAGE BOOST to special 1
- 10% - 30% DAMAGE BOOST to special 2
- 10% - 20% POWER GENERATION increase
- [EVOLVED] 5% - 10% DOT added on special
The DOT is based on your opponent's maximum health, regardless of tapping/swiping, blocking, or anything else. When evolved using a Special (not Super Move) will additionally burn 1% ~ 2% of enemy maximum health every second for 5 seconds. The burning damage is not affected by Catwoman/Batman Returns, or any other damage boost other than bleed (+20% per stack of bleed), as well as crit buffs from Bane/Prime, Batman/Beyond Animated and Scorpion/Mortal Kombat X's passives (all of which can cause the burn to crit). The burning will trigger the silver and bronze Catwomans' passives.
The burn will be applied to the opponent present at the end of the special, even if they haven't actually been hit by the special. This means you can knock out an opponent with the last hit and still burn the next opponent that tags in.
If you use Harley's s2 while your opponent is already burning, the damage over time will be converted to deal yellow (special) damage (normal burns are unaffected and will continue to deal white damage). Additionally, as it is possible to block during enemy Harley's s2, Static will gain power as if he blocked an s2 (1 full bar of power) and Wonder Woman/Regime will gain a small amount of power for every hit of the damage over time she "blocked" despite that damage is not actually reduced.
The Ibistick is an unorthodox piece of gear that supports multiple playstyles, unlike, for example The Batmobile that has a very narrow purpose.
The Ibistick grants a very powerful special damage boost; +30% to both specials when most 3/4-star gear grants only +18% to special 1 or 2. On the other hand, the burn damage over time is useful in that it grants any support character a means to deal damage based on enemy strength rather than their (lacking) own. As this is affected by bleed, this is especially noticeable on Aquaman or Catwoman, allowing them to shred a much stronger opponent surprisingly quickly.
- The Ibistick's description is worded as "damage DOT added on special", despite that "DOT" already stands for "damage over time".
- Both this and the League of Assassins Adept Knives provide the most power generations in all of the gears.
- During the season reward repeats from June 15th to June 22nd of 2016, it showed the unevolved name of it on the page as "Egyptian Artifact", but upon collecting it at the end of the season, the name was back to normal as it is now.