|Gold||750/850||148,000||Available in Store, Gold Booster Pack, Gotham City Pack, Villains Starter Pack, Gotham Pack, Random Daily Login Bonus, Eternal Enemies Batman v. Joker|
|Last Laugh: When the Joker gets knocked out, his opponent LOSES HEALTH.|
Insurgency Joker can be seen as one of the "starter" gold cards, being a common drop from Gold Booster Packs. While his base stats are one of the lowest in the game and his specials are slow and easily blocked, and that his special 2's bonus damage doesn't actually work and deals greatly reduced upfront damage (encouraging use of his Super Move), he is not without merits: he is readily available, and he has Joker's typical 4-hit heavy combo, which essentially gives him 1000 base damage in terms of basic attacks and allows him to gain power 1/3 faster than most other old characters using heavy combos. If all else fails, he works as an excellent throwaway character for tough nightmare challenge battles: upon being knocked out, his current opponent takes 40% of their maximum health as damage.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4% - 4%||16%|
With the release of area 8, particularly the second last battle (the one that leads up to Superman/Blackest Night), as well as the nerf to Raven/Prime's passive (bosses do not lose % health when health swapping, but only absolute health according to Raven's health), he becomes very useful in blowing off massive amounts of health against the solo bosses, starting with Batman/Dawn of Justice (and unlike specials he cannot dodge Joker's passive) for instance, dealing over 300,000 damage (the boss card's damage is inaccurate and is about half of his real health). He can be coupled with The Joker/Prime (30% max health damage upon KO) to take off 70% the total health of any boss.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against The Joker. Having a card that "counters" The Joker does not mean it is always a good choice.
Good With Edit
- Lord Joker/Batman Ninja: With the help of Lord Joker, Joker's Specials deal 20% Area-Effect Damage to the tagged out opponents.
Good Against Edit
Countered By Edit
- Solomon Grundy/Prime, Solomon Grundy/Regime, and Doomsday/Containment: They can all afford to be at low health and withstand The Joker’s passive.
- Raven/Teen Titans: Should her passive activate after knocking Joker out, she would recover from the damage he inflicts by gaining a large amount of health from the next opponent.
- Doomsday/Prime: (This only occurs on iOS, Android users will not see this happen) After knocking out Joker, he will lose his health for less than a second before recovering 50%, negating Joker's passive completely.
Here are Joker's abilities.
|Bang!||First Special||The Joker uses a large gun to blow away his enemies.||Target|
|Acid Flower||Second Special||The Joker's flower sprays acid. ACID: Deals DAMAGE-OVER-TIME for 10 seconds and opponent takes 10% MORE DAMAGE.||Quick tap|
|Let's Be Serious||Super Move||A madman and his toys will always win. The Joker's savage wit is made manifest. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are The Joker's support cards and gear.
|Joker's Gang||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Laughing Gas||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Arkham Asylum||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Pistol (Comically Long Pistol)||Gear||
8% - 18% DAMAGE BOOST to Special 1
[Joker] 15% - 25% POWERDRAIN chance on Special 2
[EVOLVED] DISABLE enemy Specials: 15% - 25% chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- Even if he did NOT deal any damage, upon being KO'd, the amount of health that the opponent lost from his passive will actually be counted as the total amount of damage that he dealt instead.
- Both him and The Joker/Prime are the only ones with the exact same passive descriptions (although both reduce a different amount of health).
- As of 2.15, his passive is bugged and can only trigger properly if knocked out with basic attacks or super moves. If knocked out with a special, no damage is dealt. However, in update 2.17, this was fixed.
- So far, he's the only Gold character that can be obtained from the daily login bonus.