- Not to be confused with The Joker/Suicide Squad.
|Gold||1400/1300||N/A||Achieving Top 5% In Online Battle Seasons, Suicide Squad Gold Pack|
|Unhinged: The Joker can't wait to show you his toys. A powerful random effect will occur on his SP1. After Joker defeats an opponent team member, he drives them insane and they will fight for you with reduced health. Can be triggered twice if using a team of 3 Suicide Squad characters.|
Once per match (or twice with two more Suicide Squad teammates, just one has no effect), upon knocking out an opponent, The Joker takes control of the enemy character, of which they're revived at about 35% health. He cannot take control of modified characters, such as red boss cards in Bonus Battle 6.
Joker-controlled characters do not gain benefits from The Joker's or their own gear.
When The Joker takes control of a character, they also get 0.5 bars of power, regardless of how much power The Joker or the character had prior to their defeat.
It is possible to knock out The Joker as he is doing the passive animation if he is already at critical health with tag-in stun effects (e.g. Cloak of Destiny or Bane/Luchador's passive), which only deal 1 damage. This will cause the green smoke effect to persist, despite not actually controlling any character.
It should also be noted that while effects from gear cannot be used by controlled characters, augments from the controlled character can be used. This is especially useful with characters who are typically crit augmented more than other characters such as The Arkham Knight, Deathstroke/Arkham Origins, The Flash/Metahuman, etc.
The Joker-controlled character has access to their own abilities. In Online Battles, they can use their own super move, although this is difficult. Inherent effects that are not part of their passive would still work, such as Harley Quinn's team damage boost and heal on SP2 (although the heal does not affect the controlled Harley herself or Joker).
The Joker-controlled character generally cannot use their passives, with exceptions (see below).
|Red Lantern Hal Jordan||Self-knock out due to Hal's passive will not trigger The Joker's passive. Joker-controlled Hal works same as the regular Hal: power recharges rapidly, all power and a certain amount of health is drained whenever a special is used.|
|Aquaman/Prime||Atlantean Hero cannot be controlled directly, but a Joker-controlled Aquaman can summon his own Atlantean Hero.|
|The Joker/Suicide Squad |
The Joker Unhinged/Suicide Squad
|The random effect on s1 will still activate.|
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against The Joker. Having a card that "counters" The Joker does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Any other Suicide Squad characters: as described in his passive.
- Harley Quinn: Even a Harley controlled by Joker can use Bag-o-Tricks, which can heal or provide a damage boost to Joker's team (though not Joker himself).
- Joker/The Killing Joke: Knocking him out will provide the enemy team with full power, yet, if by chance the opponent will IMMEDIATELY use their special(s) right away on the stolen Joker, he will soak up the next damage instead.
- The Joker/Suicide Squad, The Joker Unhinged/Suicide Squad: Interestingly enough, both versions of The Joker can still utilize the various effects from their SP1 even when they are being controlled (despite the fact that it is attached to their passive).
- Raven/Prime: Both of his specials can only knockout a character out on the last hit, thus, ensuring that Raven's passive will be triggered due to this.
- Doomsday/Prime: Doomsday's passive will be activated even if he knocks out a Joker-controlled character, allowing him to gain back 50% of his health easily.
- Hawkgirl/Blackest Night: Same as above, although not as much health will be regained.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: Despite being able to take control of defeated opponents, Sinestro can easily force the opponent to tag out the character controlled by The Joker just by using an SP1, thus wasting one of his minions.
Here are The Joker's abilities.
|Bang!||First Special||The Joker uses is customized gun to blow away his enemies. Comes with a random effect.||Rapid Swipe, Target|
|Tuned Up||Second Special||The Joker uses his crowbar to teach you his type of humor.||Rapid tap, Quick tap|
|Let's Be Serious||Super Move||A madman with his toys will always win. The Joker's savage wit is made manifest. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
There are four random effects that can occur on his s1 and each comes with a visual cue before the effect itself occurs:
Posion: the opponent will be poisoned for ~5 seconds. Gun glows green briefly.
Power Drain: drains 1 bar of power from the opponent. Gun has electric sparks around it.
Power Gain: this give the Joker 1.5 bars of power, at the cost of not dealing damage on the gunshot. Gun has confetti around it and shoots out a "fake" bullet that turns out to be a flag with the word "Bang!" printed on it.
Life Drain: The Joker regains back his lost health equal to the damage he dealt on his SP1. Gun glows red briefly.
It should also be noted that the effect only occurs on the second hit of his special. This means the life drain will only occur on his second hit. This could also mean that Superman/Injustice 2 could potentially take damage from the first hit, yet evade the status effect from the second hit.
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.
- There is a glitch in which if an enemy Joker Unhinged knock out character #1 and you try to switch to character #2 over character #3 as chosen by the system, you will end up with #3's portrait but with #2 as your active character, and #2's portrait would disappear entirely. #2 would only become available when #3 is knocked out.
- He is tied with the Soultaker Sword for the quickest Online Battle season repeats of all, being repeated only after one different season (the Soultaker Sword's) in between.
- He is the fourth character to have a different animation if the opponent blocks a special, preceded by Darkseid/Prime, Batman/Arkham Knight, and Superman/Injustice 2.
- He has the longest name in the game with 29 characters, tied with Martian Manhunter/Blackest Night (if spaces are counted).
- Both him and The Joker/Suicide Squad uses the same pistol as shown in their Super Move from their movie appearances.
- There is a glitch where if he knocks out a character and Reverse Flash has (technically) tagged in during the delay, he might perform Cellular Regeneration and be able to attack Joker himself while invisible.
- If both him and Deadshot is on your team, and if the opponent has at least one Suicide Squad character on their team, if Joker KOs that character, and if you were able to reach 250% damage on Deadshot's SP2, when the you take control of the defeated character, that character is able to reach up to 250% damage on their special.
- He's the only version of Joker to be seen without a shirt (or rather, the only one to be seen shirtless).
- Furthermore, he's one of only two characters in the entire game without a shirt, after Aquaman/Injustice 2 (although Aquaman can still be seen with some armor on).
- Both his Damage stats (at maxed out: E7, LVL 50, and without any Augment) and Bane/Luchador's Damage stats (when maxed out and fully augmented) are the same, at 54, 810.
- Both him and The Joker/The Killing Joke are the only Jokers to use a crowbar in their SP2s.
- Interestingly, The Joker's SP2 has such a long invincibility frame duration that even Batgirl/Cassandra Cain's passive has absolutely no effect upon tag-in.